SEE ALL THE 2013 WINNERS BELOW.
Winners were posted below on Sunday 8 December 2013, and on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
$10,000 will be posted out to winners and runners-up before Xmas. Congratulations!
For student winners,
cheques are posted to your school.
Protocol: It is expected that your school will distribute all the prizemoney fairly to all the students who actually produced the video. Schools will need to take the advice of the supervising teacher in this matter.
CINEMATOGRAPHY : Winner $250 From
mentions: From India: Persistence
of Vidion From USA Lake
Erie Algae Problem
• INTERNATIONAL Primary School Winner $400 From USA: The Dangers of the Sun
Runner-up $100 From Greece: Inertia
Honourable mention: From Bulgaria: Wood versus Metal
• INTERNATIONAL Secondary / High School Students Winner $400 From the UK: Physics Rocket
Runner-up $100 From Mauritius Red
Honourable mention: From Slovenia: How does a Fiber Optic cable work?
• INTERNATIONAL LOTE -- (video with spoken soundtrack in a Language Other Than English + English subtitles) Winner $250 From Saint Vincent and the Grenadines: Hydro Power
Highly Commended: From Saint Vincent: Energy Conservation:
OPEN : Winner $400 From Victoria: The
growth of plants under various lights
Runner-up $100 From Victoria: How does a disposable nappy work?
Honourable mention: From NSW: Boomerang Science
Primary School Students:
Honourable Mention: Oil and Water don’t Mix
TAS Winner $400 Rusting
Runner-up $100 Tim the
Squid and Bert the Jellyfish explain fair testing
Honourable mention Falling objects
NT Winner $400 The energetic sisters
• AUSTRALIAN Secondary School Students
Honourable mention Liquid nitrogenexperiment
SA Winner $400 Global warming
LOTE Primary (with spoken soundtrack in a Language Other Than English +
No prize issued due to lack of explanation of science.
* CONVENOR's SCHOOL AWARD: The convenor is not one of the judges, but views every video in great detail for compliance to the rules. The Convenor awards a ''Certificate-only' prize to an International school, Victorian Secondary and Victorian Primary School which submits a series of videos of an Excellent Standard.